Hormonal blood tests can be hard to come by for a variety of reasons….
- issues with accessibility as you may be required to have blood drawn on separate dates within the month,
- your daily hormonal fluctuation is not accurately reflected in your results with a one time sample,
- the results may be limited… etc.
Blood tests won’t measure your cortisol rhythms and estrogen metabolism or provide you a 20 page overview of these systems. Hands down, the DUTCH test is THE most cutting edge, comprehensive, functional medicine hormone test.
Hormonal imbalance can cause a wide range of signs and symptoms depending on which hormones are affected, and in which way the scale is tilted. What are symptoms of a hormone imbalance?
- Cervical Dysplasia
- Chronic/adrenal Fatigue
- Trouble concentrating
- Memory loss
- Weight gain
- Chronic allergies
- Bone loss
- Irregular periods
- Breast tenderness
- Hot flashes
- Vaginal dryness
- Low libido
- Heart disease risk
- Breast cancer risk
Ok, so some of those symptoms sound familiar… What do I do now?
Insert the DUTCH test.🩺
These results are instrumental to:
- Shed light on any hormonal imbalances you have (adrenals, sex hormones, plus melatonin, B vitamin status, detoxification, neurotransmitters, oxidative stress, etc).
- Gear a treatment plan tailored to you, based on your hormone levels and also how you metabolize or break down your hormones. Your treatment plan is all-natural and customized to you. It can involve precise “lifestyle medicine” which are adjustments in sleep, food, exercise, and stress management. We may find that the use of supplements, herbs, and low-dose bio-identical hormones are right for you.
What does this test involve?
It’s easy! It comes in an envelope with little strips to dip in your pee, in the comfort of your home. You dip the strips, let them dry, mail them off. The instructions are very clear. The results will be sent to your practitioner and we create a plan from there.